Thursday, November 24, 2011

Three strikes... I' m bored.

I really don't have anything to post about as far as dating goes. I haven't been out too much so meeting new people hasn't been a major focus. Mostly, I stay home and take care of my grandmother. Props to all the nurses out there that make a living out of taking care of the elderly. I could NOT do this for the rest of my life. I think I'd go insane. Especially if the person wasn't my grandmother, or mother but luckily my mother is well and I don't have to take care of her.

So the point of my blog today.. "Three strikes... I'm bored"? What is that supposed to mean. Well, I took a look back into my high school "relationships" and realized none of them lasted more than three months. Naturally, I asked myself, WHY?!

By the way: This analysis of my past relationships has been an ongoing project for the past two-ish years? The big questions: Do you count your high school relationships? I don't! But that's because they only lasted three months. That's an absurdly short relationship, no? And then, of course, Why were they always so short? 

This is my theory, I got bored! I'd get bored two months into it and then I'd spend another month trying to figure out how to end it OR the guy would get the drop on me and end it first and I wouldn't have to play bad guy. That was usually preferable. There was one time when I got hurt but that was more than three months and right after high school so I dub that my pre-"real" relationship. But I digress.. AGAIN!

Ok, So I thought about it. What did I do wrong? And I decided, I was rushing it. I didn't spend that much time trying to get to know the guy. I just liked him and AMAZINGLY he liked me back! There would be a honeymoon phase and then I'd realize I don't actually know who you are. I had an image of you that I created in my head and after the honeymoon phase ended you didn't live up to it.

It felt like I was still getting to know the guy and finding out that I didn't like who he was enough to want to stay with him. Sure I liked him as a person and a friend but nothing more. Our personalities didn't match. Or I simply didn't know him AT ALL!

So what did I learn? Take your time. There's is no need to rush into a steady relationship. It's best to actually get to know a guy before agreeing to date him. When you're first crushing on a guy he's the bee's knee's and can do nothing wrong. After you both begin to get comfortable with each other and start dropping your defenses and acting a little bit more normal you start to see him for who he really is. You get to see his annoying quirks and what not. If you're lucky, they're quirks you can deal with because let's face it no one is perfect. It's all about finding someone who's abnormalities and strange quirks you can handle. Someone who'll keep you amused, entertained and all around happy. I realize these are strange qualities to ask for in a partner but consider the alternative; bored and unhappy.

That's where the three strike's come into play. I'm not sure if I want to go into detail about the three strike's, but essentially you have three opportunities NOT to lose my attention, especially since I'm fickle. How does that help me in the dating game? It doesn't. It keeps me single, but it also keeps me from wasting time dating guys that aren't going to last OR settling. I'm scared of settling.

So basically it's just like baseball, three strike's and you're out! I'm strange I know. Probably why I'm still single, no?!

No comments:

Post a Comment