Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Inspired - Roger Rabbit

I don't know what it is about being surrounded by artistic people, but it always gets my juices flowing. I went back and looked at some of my old work and this one made me smile.

A few years ago I was watching Roger Rabbit and I was inspired by his letter to his wife.

My darling Jessica,
How do I love thee? 
Let me count the ways. 
One one thousand. 
Two one thousand. 
Three one thousand.

Lover,
I promise to never play patty cake with another
For me there is no other
You are where my soul comes to rest 
Put me through any test
I attest that without you my life is a big 'ol mess

That's not true

But I Confess to wanting nothing more 
     than my head on your chest and your arms around my waist
I want to feel you, I want to smell you
Yeah, I said I want to smell you
I want your musk on my skin 
I want to breathe you into my lungs
I want to taste you, ingest you
digest your very essence 

Your presence is toxic and I'm sick from you
For real my stomach's turning and churning 
The butterflies cause my heart to sigh 
There is no cure 
since I could never be sick of you or the illness that is you

Now that I found you 
I realize that the revenue most dear to me is that you're still here with me. 
I'm craving you like a junkie on the streets 
or a seven year old kid who needs sweets
I got to have you in every which way I'm allowed to
I want to take every piece of you in 
because not love you in a sin

And on facebook I became a fan of you 
because there is no button for how completely in love I am with you
You inspire me to keep writing this poetry
Now that's one, two, three, four one thousand
For however long it takes to convince you
I'll start again


Lover.

No comments:

Post a Comment