Saturday, September 3, 2016

Growth is painful

I've been learning a lot about how I love this year, which is very a pros po considering I dubbed this the year of love. Growth in general is hard. My friends and I were just talking about it at breakfast today. Growth requires pain. When we're younger and we experience "growing pain" it's physically agonizing. Our bodies are literally ripping apart stretching our muscles and bones. Of course some have more painful experiences than other but those are often the ones who experience incredible growth spurts. I don't remember having growing pains when I was younger. Not physically anyway. I'm also very short, even for a girl. I did have a lot of headaches and emotionally painful experiences so I'd like to think I'm more emotionally mature than others when I allow myself to experience that side of myself. I guess I've just been doing a lot of growing this year. The universe has seen fit to challenge, not only myself, but also a lot of my close friends. The universe is crazy sometimes. This year I've been saying this one saying A LOT: "The universe is very generous in it's lessons. If you cannot learn it the first time the universe will continue to grant you lessons until you do." Often times though, the second lesson is harder than the first. It doesn't get easier. I've heard the universe this year. I'm just not ready to begin the work to demonstrate that the lesson has been learned. Be patient with me Uni. I appreciate the faith you have in my ability to grow, but there have been many lessons this year. This body of work is fragile.

----
Anywho,  I was going to post something old because I wasn't quite sure if I was ready to post this yet. Which is a clear sin that I should definitely post it. (Discomfort = growth). So here it is.

In response: "I can't imagine what it would be like to love someone you knew wasn't going to stay."

SNOWFLAKE

This love is a snowflake
Not because it is unique
But because it  is fleeting
We saw that from the start
Still we opened up our hearts
We knew better

Maybe we just need each other
Something temporarily permanent to hold onto
Grounding us to this moment
To feel like we belonged
To someone or something
Before the world became unraveled

Or is it as simple as we are lonely
We need someone to fill our empty spaces
Lately, we've been asking for more concrete than melting ice
While we dissolve into more temporary than permanent
We can't help it
It's all just slipping through our fingers

We watch
The snowflake slowly ebbing away
We wait
For the right time to let go
We hope
It isn't any time soon
We feel
The cold of the water through our gloves

We know we still need each other
We're still lonely
We would rather have something temporary to belong to
We would rather melt into each other if it would fill our empty places
Grounding us in this moment
Preparing us for the moment

Maybe all love is a snowflake
Because it is fleeting
And we are all snowballs
Taking and giving
Tumbling down a mountain

We just fall

No comments:

Post a Comment