Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Other Paramedic's Fail

So this time I myself did not fail. HE failed.

We were taking my gma from TCC to another facility and I was a little stressed because I didn't want my gma to leave that facility. There was also just a lot going on that day. I was at my cousins graduation. Oorah!! You're a marine cousin!!! You're amazing I love you!!!

Right so the story. I rushed what should have been a two hour drive and turned it into about an hour and a half with a little traffic. Also, I just wasn't in the happiest of places and I'm sure it was visible to the world. I tried to stay calm but so much was rushing through my mind. Like, how am i going to get to the viewing later if i just gave my cousin my car? What is this new place like and will they take care of my gma? I wonder how my stressed out mother is holding up. Just you know A LOT!

So we're in the back of the ambulance and he's asking me questions about my gma. Relevant questions. Any recent surgeries. Illnesses, allergies the like. he was trying to be kind and keep my mind occupied but I could tell he was also trying to ask me out because every so often the conversation would turn to me. Questions like so what were you doing in San Diego? What are you doing this weekend?

Anywhoo, I told him I was at a graduation and that my uncle had just passed and I was attending/helping to plan his funeral that weekend. I told him how it had been a very difficult couple of months for my family and I. Of course like a good little boy who understands social cues he changed the subject to more chipper things like; my gma's doing so much better since the last time we took her to the ER.

OH YEAH, he had seen my gma and I before because I called 911 from TCC to take her to the Emergency room because I panicked!

OH! speaking of seeing someone again. I failed AGAIN with the first paramedic who happened to be right outside TCC transporting some other patient. I thought maybe he had my gma and I had gotten there ALMOST too late. I asked if he had my gma and he was like no unfortunately not. Instead of being like Aww that sucks flirty eyes. Or I don't know something awesome?!?!?! NOOOO.... My preoccupied mind sends this stupid message to my mouth and I say  Ok thanks!  Then rush away to find my gma. Grrrr... It could have just been my imagination but he looked happy to see me! I was glad to see him and .. and... I'm an idiot!!!

BUT this isn't about my fail it's about the other guys fail so here it is!!

Mr. Intelligent, in his efforts to perchance comfort me or ask me out which ever, he again turns the conversation to me and says: "Well, I'm sure you've got some amazing plans for this weekend."

I in turn say "ME?!? I have a funeral to go to."

My face may have said something along the terms of ... I don't know.... What a dumbass!! I just told him I had just planned and must now attend my uncles funeral; why would he ask if I had some amazing plans laid out for the weekend? What a JERK!"


Then because I was thinking about everything that I was overwhelmed with; emotions, tasks, duties, concerns what have you... I almost started crying. My voice cracked eyes watered the whole shibang... JUST HORRIBLE!! Then I reeled it back in like a trained professional.

I felt so bad though!! I could see his facial expression change to Oh shit that's right she told me that. DAMN! And he looked so adorable!!! Like maybe I'd invite him to my amazing weekend that I had planned out. But NOPE! I had a funeral to go to.

I ended up feeling so bad I told him the cousins and I might go to the beach to do a lantern tribute but we weren't too sure about that yet. I think that made him feel a little better? You never know though. I do tend to over think things. But SERIOUSLY you should seen his face.

So yeah. His fail, not mine. Yay me?!?! GAWD that was Awful!

No comments:

Post a Comment