Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Paramedic... and the other Paramedics fail.

For the record, I was thinking mostly about my gma.

My gma had been at a transitional care center for a while and on this particular day we were headed to the main hospital to get her swallow test done, basically just a test to see if the food goes down the right tube when she swallows. There were two paramedics or EMT's I don't really know the difference, but let's assume they were paramedics, one was a female the other a male. We were all talking and keeping a regular conversation going. I was mostly concerned about my gma but we were all talking about relationships and being single; turns out she's taken but he's not. He and I start talking about being the only single people in our groups. It seemed like innocent conversation but there were flirty looks here and there, sly comments. Honestly, he was cute, truly tall dark and handsome, but I'm not the type to just say "Damn you're cute we should go out sometime". Especially when my gma is right there! I felt SUPER guilty just mildly flirting with the guy. Every so often I'd stop talking to him and talk to my gma.

OH EM GEEE!!! I forgot the best part about meeting this guy. Well its the best part for you but not for me. I was thinking there was a reason I wanted to tell this story because it was epically funny but I couldn't remember why BUT now that I do, let's backup a bit.


*Rewind*

I spent the night at my parents house and didn't bring extra clothes. I did, however, have old raggity jeans from when I used to live there, a sweater and the march for a cure shirt I had slept in. For shoes? I had my lovely house slipper moccasins. They are so comfortable BUT they're breaking apart. The threading holding them together ISN'T actually holding them together in some places. I didn't get around to washing my face that morning either so I had make up from the night before smudging up my eyes. I figured I wasn't going to be meeting anyone that day so why look good? Then I met him! and I looked HORRIBLE!! Like a freaking bum! With gross greasy hair and bad hairdo... knargoaiunga Damnit!

*Back to the story*

Anywhoo, we started actually flirting with each other and I was like "SCORE! Despite my horrid appearance I could still get a guys attention right? Yay me!"

BUT THEN

When we got back to the transitional care center the nurse that was helping us get my gma back into her room was hella twat swatting damnit!! I think she thought she was doing me a favor or protecting me from the flirting paramedic. She was like "You have a girlfriend? (No) uh-huh. You got more than one girlfriend? (I have friends that are girls)" ... grrr... Then when he says "Bye, Lora, it was Lora right?" That's relevant because I never told him my name and I spent so much time tripping over how he got my name that I didn't ask for his. Then the nurse said "Uh-huh. Did you hear the way he said that so sweet? He likes that smile. Yeah I know she's beautiful, she's taken." NO I'M NOT!! Then he says "I know I tried". NO YOU DIDN'T. I was still tripping over the fact that he knew my name and I couldn't be like "HELLO? No you didn't try, please ask for my number!" How desperate would that be anyway?.. Sigh.. Ugh!

I'll tell you about the other Paramedics fail another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment