Sunday, January 22, 2012

A short rant to "unwelcome visitors"

Dear what seems to be now weekly unwelcome visitors,

Please stop trying to save me. Stop trying to convert me. Stop telling me that we should all think, pray and worship the same way. If the God you believe in wanted us to be machines with no free will, he would have created such beings. Instead, there are more beautiful creatures in the world WITH free will and the freedom to believe and worship in anyway they see fit. As long as the foundation of that belief is not to harm others or destroy the world, why do you care how others practice or what they believe in? People are entitled to have their own faith. You are NOT entitled to tell others that, that faith is wrong. Please stop quoting your bible to me, I don't know the verses and honestly you've twisted them to mean what you want them to mean. Just go. I don't need saving. I've already been saved. Someone died on a cross for me and nothing you do can compete with that. And I didn't have to deserve that sacrifice. It was given willingly. Someday I hope to have the opportunity to thank him. So, goodbye. Have a great day. Good luck.

--Greey 

Okay, just because it's 2012 and YOU think the world is going to end does not give you the divine right to suddenly show up at my door step every week and SAVE me. I might be struggling with my religion but I still have my own convictions. I have my own faith and I'm entitled to them.

This guy says everything I want to say.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment