Monday, July 11, 2011

Being nice to customers

This is what I get for being nice to customers. JUST being nice! Not even flirting. I was helping a fellow Filipino find clothes for a female friend. He asked if I was Filipino and I debated lying because generally my people try to get all buddy buddy with their people and then BAM ask for additional discounts. I know this because my mom does it A LOT.
Anyway I didn't lie but, reason number two that I wanted to lie: he started talking in Tagalog, the Philippine national language, I don't like speaking Tagalog at work. Once I do that I've strengthened the "bond" with not only him but EVERY OTHER Filipino in the store. UGH! And then they ALL want discounts. Sigh.
But THIS is what I get for being nice. To break away from this character and help other customers I asked if he needed help with anything else. He said "no just your number". So I laughed making it seem like I thought he was joking, but he's Filipino. Filipino men don't joke about that. I know this for a fact, and so does every other Filipino out there. So ladies, you've been WARNED!!! At any rate I leave and spend a lot of time avoiding him while he's still shopping.


REWIND: I've learned that giving your number to customers is just begging for bad news.

Just friends? Once I figured I needed more female friends, since most of my friends are guys and it just wasn't cutting it for me. So I thought she's nice, she asked for my number so we could hang out and she's married so she's not hitting on me. BUT she still turned out to be a total stalker!!! She wanted to hang out everyday. She was showing up at my work place. Trying to get rides to go out drinking. blah blah blah
Dirty little liar! This guy was a nasty douche! I guess he thought he could talk all dirty to the girl he bought his "sisters's" shirt from. Sister?!? aka baby mama! Anywhoo, I set him straight got him all caught up and it ended up being a good laugh.
Too attached... Homie. For real? Two dates and you want to call this something already? Get into arguments and tell me how to live my life?!? Ended up having to set him straight too. GEEBUS!!!!
Long story short if you work retail don't give your number out to ANYONE!!!


Back to the point:
He finally leaves. Then whilst i"m on my break someone calls the store for me, I thought it was my mom but it was HIM! What the ef! I never even asked his name but for some reason he acted as though I should have remembered it. Seriously?! Best stupid line EVER?!?! "I forgot to get your number." Ummm... no. I just didn't want to you to have it. So I say I can't give it to him then I just flat out say no I don't want to. But he keeps asking. "Why not?" (I just can't) "You have a boyfriend?" (Yes) "We could just be friends." (No I'm sorry)
OK, I know I lied but DUDE, you're old enough to be my uncle, maybe dad, I'm NOT down. and I said NO several times. I appreciate the persistence but no means no! Finally, he gives up when I say "I'm flattered but I can't sorry, thanks" *hang up*. Alright, I didn't actually give him the chance to give up SORRY! But like I said I've learned my lesson. SHEESH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment