Monday, May 23, 2011

CEASAR - So embarrassing

If I was of the blushing persuasion I would have been Kool-Aid red. But instead I was a deeper shade of orange like burnt orange. It was ridiculous.

So again I was at work. And of course a cute guys walks in.

At first I was all nonchalant and I didn't care. Did the usual:

"Hi, how are you doing today? Is there anything I can help you find?"

"Yeah, I'm doing ok. I'm just looking for an outfit to go to Vegas. It's my first time."

"Wow, really? How old are you?"

"23. Yeah I know it's kind of embarrassing. I'm 23 and I've never been to Vegas"

blah blah blah...

Basically, he was asking what people usually wear to Vegas.

"Haven't you seen the Hangover? Pick one of those outfits." hahaha

So I proceed to show him the different styles of dress shirts that we have.

"Your basic dress shirt is the 1MX, the original and very first Express shirt. Then you have the MK2. Its the military style shirt with the breast pockets and epilettes. And the last one the is the TX8...."

So this is where the failure begins. I was trying to explain that the best part about the TX8 is that they don't have buttons they have snaps. Which means they can be put on quickly. That's the sales pitch at least. The Texas 8, can be snapped up within 8 seconds. Only I couldn't a find shirt that was already unsnapped, which was odd because customers NEVER resnap/button up the shirts after they try them on. So I decided to unsnap a shirt and show him... FAIL!!!



Instead of slowly unsnapping the buttons, I ripped that shirt open like a Christmas present. The best part? This is what I said as I ripped the shirt open.

"So the best part about this shirt is that it does this", rip shirt open. Realizing what I'd done I was baffled. I couldn't recover fast enough because he was already responding.

"Well, I guess my shirt could come off that fast in Vegas"

and did I have a witty reply? NO! because I still couldn't believe that I had done something that retarded. I stood there astonished and scrambling for words so what fell out was,

"I mean I don't know what you'll be doing in Vegas. You should try a graphic!" Literaly exclaimed "you should try a graphic!" and walked away towards the graphics trying to pretend I didnt do that. MORON!!

"I do already have most of these looks in my closet."

"Well, then it's all about your shoes. Just make sure you go in dress shoes and not sneakers. Yeah, you should buy shoes."

I'm sure I did more things to humiliate myself but I'm choosing to block that from my memory. I walked away from him so fast I think a piece of me died a little that day. I can't think of a way to ome back from that. What did I learn? I'm not sure yet... I haven't gotten over the embarassment.

Granted this isn't cosmo status embarassment but, it's as close as I ever hope to get.

Worse part is, I was going to Vegas that same weekend and I spent a good part of the first day praying I wouldn't bump into him, especially since our hotels were going to be in the same area. Probably could have mentioned something about me going to Vegas but I was failing so well I didn't want it to end! Sigh... sigh sigh sigh...

By the by (hahaha something my Canadian uncle says and some old guy that used to watch me and my cousins when were kids), I think maybe I'll go to Da Poetry Lounge by myself tomorrow since I usually go with my fam. It'll be a new experience.. ugh my stomach is getting all tangled and nervous just thinking about waiting in line alone and having to sit by myself... eeeek!!

No comments:

Post a Comment