Saturday, May 21, 2011

I QUIT

People say, "once you stop looking for love, love finds you". I have spent an entire year and a half NOT looking and where has that got me? I'm still single. So I took a look at the past year of my "dating" life. I, like most women, was lying to myself. I wasn't blatantly trying to find someone, but I did kind of dive right into the dating world when my relationship ended. I kept telling myself and every guy I met, "I'm not looking for anything right now, I just got out of a relationship and I'm not ready for another one". How can that woman be looking for love? She's a damn liar!
So this year, I QUIT. That's not to say that I won't go on dates; which isn't to say that anyone's asking. Just, no set ups, no being aggressively single. Although, I've never seen myself as the "aggressively single" type. I know people who are and they're amazing; how do you do that? They only ever stay single for like TWO weeks and BAM another love interest then WHAM they're in another relationship. You serial daters are INSANE!!! and cool. But I'm not that girl, I think, I could be lying, again. For that, I'm sorry, in advance.
Back to the point. No set ups. No looking for the finest guy in the room and secretly trying to get his attention. Just walk into every situation trying to finally be comfortable in your own single woman skin. And for once in my life believe in the feigned confidence because I have every right to be confident enough to walk into a room alone.

Situation 1: Go to events solo.

To finally force myself to be comfortable in my singularity.

I ALWAYS have to bring a crew (CUZZO!!) so I don't feel like a loser when I walk into a room alone. So, going to events solo is the adventure at hand. Shows, gigs, whatever. We'll see how my skin feels then and I'll get back at you!

Be well!

PTgreey <3

No comments:

Post a Comment