Sunday, May 22, 2011

FAILing at work - JAMES

Since I haven't yet had the opportunity to test out my scenario and I need to keep up with this or I'll just forget and stop, I would like to tell a story. A true amusing story, just so I know that you know or understand how much I fail at dating... there are sooo many though, which should I tell first?

JAMES - Should've said yes


This is why I'm allowing myself to say 'yes' to potential suitors if anyone were to ask. I'm not accustom to it. I've got UDS - Ugly Duckling Syndrome. I'll probably explain that syndrome tomorrow or whenever I have more time. I should be getting ready for work but I like to procrastinate. Terrible flaw, I know, but it makes for excitement! No, not really.

ANYWHOO, I work in retail. Normally, I'm the shyest person you'll ever meet but that doesn't quite work when your job is to sell. So when I'm at work I'm the biggest flirt EVER!!! Which makes life interesting when guys walk into the store. Especially the pretty ones. I try not to be attracted to the guys because I get awkward and revert to my teenage years.. its terrible to watch much less be a part of.

ok, so the story.

i get side tracked SORRY!!

Attractive guy walks into the store and at first I'm doing the usual mild flirting to get him to stay in the store and try on some clothes. Eye contact, coy smiles, hurmourous banter, probably made a joke at his expense too. I was exuding confidence left and right because I didn't realize it yet. BUT THEN I did. I realized, oh shit, I'm attracted to this guy. He's keeping up with my banter, he's funny, charming, great smile, gorgeous smile, physique and he's tall and these clothes look damn good on him. AND THEN, I realize, holy hell, he's interested too! Doesnt't take help from my associate. Waits for me to come by so he can show me how it looks. Finds reasons to get me to keep coming back to the fits to help him.

Everything was going great untll I failed, and kept right on failing. I just couldn't stop myself.

I told him his pants were to big and suggested a size down (haven't failed yet). Initially he said he was comfortable in that size and felt they were the size for him so off I went to find other colors in that size, the wrong size. Then he calls me back because once he put the belt on he realized I was right. I mean duh its my job to know how the clothes are suppose to fit. So off I went to find the right sizes, but here is where I start to fail

"You're going to hate me, I'm sorry for making you work so hard today but I think you were right. I put the belt on and there's too much fabric, I tried to move it to the back but it just looks weird. I'm so sorry I'll make it up to you. I'll buy you lunch. Have you had lunch yet?"

"No, I'm actually going soon once the other manager comes in" walk away.

Doesn't sound like I failed but I did, because I said that all under my breath so he didn't really hear me and I never actually said

"yes how about 1:30 thats when I take my break",

AND I walked away as I said it. FAIL!

I just got so nervous and the last guy I semi dated was a customer and that didn't turn out so well and I got anxious and scared of putting myself in that situation again and I FREAKED OUT!!!

But the fun doesn't stop there.

He gets to the counter and because there was a line I was up there helping my associate and I end up ringing him up. He kept thanking me for all my help and by this time I had reverted already and I couldn't make eye contact because he made me nervous, confidence had almost completely left my body, and I said all the wrong things.

"Thanks so much for all your help... you were a big help"

"Oh, your welcome, I mean its my job"

FAIL!

What I should have said to get him to ask me out again so I could say a proper 'YES' was

"Yeah, no problem, but you owe me lunch now."

I'm so mad at myself. But you live and you learn right?

No comments:

Post a Comment