Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Poetic Adventures

Ok, first, I swear my GPS is actualy trying to kill me. She sent me on this huge U-turn adventure theoretically to get to the lounge faster but ummm NO... that was not he case. At first I was like well I guess this is ok, I have time to kill and it's scenic, you know, until IT WASN'T. Seriously, I was driving through ghetto and back allies. The little version of my mom that I keep in my head, that causes me to sometimes be a paranoid freak, was yelling at me. First of all, for turning onto a street name stocker. I pronounce it stalker, GPS lady says stoker for some reason. Why do I trust a woman that can't read? And not to be sexist but why is a woman giving me directions? I'm not too sure what I did to my GPS chick, she's probably mad because I make fun of the way she says 'la cienega'. No joke she says "la see a niggah". Anyhoo, short story shorter I no longer trust my GPS lady.

OH! BUT THEN, on the way home I made a right instead of a left somewhere because I didn't want to use the GPS; like I said she wants me dead. Also, I was in LA. Who knows where that crazy woman was going to take me. Well, I ended up making a wrong turn and had to ask her for directions anyway. She thinks, she funny. She goes, 'turn left at la cienega'. I'm thinking 'ok really because I don't even see where or how I'm suppose to turn onto that street'. I honestly don't believe I could physically have done it. So I made a few asian female driver illegal turns and ended up going in the right direction. After I had driven waaaaay off course.

So I find the 10 freeway and I'm telling myself, 'go SW' and I get on the 10W. I figured I'd check with GPS (lets call her Gina) just in case I'm wrong and end up driving even further off course. Gina says, "exit refroferoff" (Robertson?) I forget the name of the street but as I'm exiting I caught a glimpse of the next few exits. What did I see? 'San Diego Freeway 2.5 miles' or however far it was. The point is I was trying to get to the 405 SAN DIEGO freeway and the crazy woman said to exit! WTF!?!?!?! NO JOKE, I checked the directions and where she wanted me to end up. It read 405S! It was right there!!! I didn't have to exit!!!

Whatever, I figured it out and I only had to drive like sereral miles out of the way to finally get home because Gina is out to get me. I DO NOT trust my GPS right now.

As far as going to an event solo? Yeah... I picked the wrong event to go to. It's like going to the movies alone you look like a loser but you get over it. I need to find a social event of an aquaintance so I can't just linger around him/her, because that's weird and he/she would get the wrong impression. Soooo...

Situation 1 - Ammended

Go to a social gathering alone.

The opportunity to go to this particular event alone was nice though. I got to work on my anxiety. Found out that Gina hates me and I shouldn't always trust her.

OH! There's a guy named Clive, his pieces never fail to amuse me. They made him do 'Impossible' again.. holy hell that shiz is so funny! "IMPOSSIBLE, OH! Nothing is impossible, I'm so ill I make this shit look easy. IMPOSSIBLE, OH!!". He also did some other piece, don't know what its called. But homies like "i mean back when we chiledren" hahahahaha "chiledren" who freaking says that!!! but it worked for his piece/song whatever.... this guy is going to blow up! Next big hit? I think so! I feel it in my BONES! I need to find his Facebook or something he's HI-larious!!

A woman named Ioca (like tapIOCA) was the first feature. Soo in love right now...

Writing, poetry, performance. This is the scene I need to be in and I'm so grateful to be in it. Next week, I challenge myself to get up on stage again. I'm so exccited!!! and nervous!!!

2 comments: